Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from the Gold Medal Flour Mini Cookbook. Would make a nice cookie for cookie trays or swaps.
Make and share this Ginger - Brown Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and gingers.
- Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into 1 inch balls.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten to 1/2 inch thickness with greased bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool.
- Optional: Dip half of each cookie in a thin vanilla glaze or melted white chocolate. Let stand on waxed paper until coating sets.
These cookies always make in my Christmas Cookie baking extravaganza. They are the ones I ruin my diet for! Love 'em.