Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and easy to cook with the refreshing flavor of ginger and sesame.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, florets and stems sliced into diagonal pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- Saute the broccoli over medium heat in sesame oil for 8 minutes.
- While broccoli is cooking, stir together the soy sauce, ginger, and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add the soy mixture to the broccoli along with the water, cover and simmer for 2 minutes more.
- Serve at once.
Nice variation for fresh broccoli! I would thicken up the sauce a bit next time, and maybe reduce the ginger a bit because it overpowered the other flavors. Thanks for posting.
The major change here was to replace powdered ginger with fresh. I cooked the florets in a wok for about 2 minutes, added the sauce and cooked another 2 minutes on med-high heat until the sauce thickened and was slightly syrupy. Our daughter loved this! Reviewed for ZWT 2010.
I'm sorry, I didn't really like this dish :(. It was way too salty for me. Maybe next time I will try using low sodium soy sauce or change the soy sauce-water ratio. Served over Jasmine rice and sprinkled with sesame seeds as garnish.