Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here chopped broccoli is quickly sauteed with ginger and fish sauce. From eatingwell.com. Put here for safe keeping. Tip: Fish sauce is a pungent Southeast Asian condiment made from salted, fermented fish. Find it in the Asian section of large supermarkets and in Asian specialty markets.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb broccoli floret, trimmed and chopped (about 6 cups)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant but not browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and cook, stirring, until the broccoli is bright green, 2 minutes.
- Drizzle water and fish sauce over the broccoli; reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until the broccoli is just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar just before serving.