Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here chopped broccoli is quickly sauteed with ginger and fish sauce, a pungent Southeast Asian condiment & in this dish we used Thai Kitchen fish sauce, because it is lower in sodium. Serve alongside your favorite steamed dumplings or cold sesame noodles. EatingWell Magazine, October 07/07 issue.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant but not browned, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and cook, stirring, until the broccoli is bright green, 2 minutes.
- Drizzle water and fish sauce over the broccoli; reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until the broccoli is just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar just before serving.
Good flavor and easy to prepare. I did substitute soy sauce for the fish sauce. Thank you for the recipe. I served this side dish with Golden Five-Spice Sticky Chicken.
Great Southeast Asian dish. Perfect balance of flavors using authentic ingredients. Goes good with Thai fried rice and Thai thighs.