Recipe by Sharon123
Ginger beer, cardamom, crystallized ginger, and vanilla ice cream-YUM! Cooking time is freezing time. I adapted this from the ginger people.
Top Review by Engrossed
YUMMY! I made a single serving. I loved the spiced flavor of the ice cream and the chewy pieces of crystallized ginger. This also got nice and frothy and Freddy Cat couldn't resist putting his face in it! Thanks for another great ginger drink Sharon. Made for the Zaar Tag game.
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened at room temperature for 15 minutes
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles ginger brew
Directions See How It's Made
- Add crystallized ginger, cardamom and cinnamon to the softened ice cream.
- Stir quickly to mix ingredients together.
- Place bowl in freezer until ice cream is firm enough to scoop, at least 1 1/2 hours. If storing longer( up to 1 week, cover with airtight lid).
- Scoop the ice cream equally into 4 glasses. Slowly fill glasses (16 oz. each) with cold ginger brew. It will take approximately 2 bottles. Enjoy!