Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Comes from Moosewood cookbook. I love Gingersnap cookies and they are the starting point for this desert. Sounds delicious and different than usual cheesecake. Can't wait to make. Placing here for safe keeping.
- 2 cups gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream or 1 1⁄2 cups yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cookie crumbs with butter. Press firmly into the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan.
- You can omit all or some the egg yolks. Whip everything together until very smooth. Taste to adjust sweetening.
- Pour onto the crust in the springform pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until center is firm to the touch and edges are slightly brown. Cool completely before removing the rim of the pan.
My Husband & Family LOVED this! I added some extra brandy for the adults as a topping!
I was excited about the brandy/ginger concept, but found it very bland. My guests all gave it two thumbs down. .