Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This faux pate is excellent on crackers, bread and served with something acidic and savory, like Asian style pickles.
- Mash beans with a potato masher. Add in the tamari and chili paste. Stir well.
- Stir in the flour and 1/2 tbsp sesame oil. Mix well.
- In a hot skillet, heat the oil to sizzling and then stir-fry the garlic, ginger and sea salt for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the garlic-ginger mixture to the mashed beans and combine thoroughly.
- Refrigerate but do not freeze until ready to serve. Serve with crackers or bread and also vegetables.