Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this on allrecipes.com. Posting for ZWT8- Great Britain.
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour or 2 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine biscuit mix or flour, sugar, ginger, soda and salt.
- Using hands, rub egg into mixture.
- In a saucepan, warm syrup and butter; stir into batter. Let stand for 3-4 minutes, then knead,.
- Roll heaping teaspoonfuls into small balls. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325* for 12-15 minutes. Cookies (biscuits) will flatten and "crackle" when done.
Wonderful ginger biscuits! I made them gluten free, and they turned out perfect, just like the ginger biscuits I know from England. DH said he'd increase the amount of ginger but for me it was just right. Thanks for posting :)
Made for ZWT 8 / Great Britain for the Lively Lemon Lovelies