Ginger Berry Compote With Angel Food Cake
- 16 ounces berries (frozen mixed berries, unthawed)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot (minced, fresh)
- 1 angel food cake (feel free to use store-bought ( about 13 oz.)
- In a medium saucepan, combine berries, sugar, lemon zest, and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until berries have softened and released their juices (about 10-12 minutes). Let compote cool slightly.
- Cut angel food cake into 8 wedges. Spoon compote over or alongside the cake wedges and serve.