From: “The Africa Kitchen” by Josie Stow and Jan Baldwin. I LOVE ginger beer and am on a quest for the perfect one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot, bring 10 pints of water to a boil.
- 2Add the ginger and sugar then let cool to lukewarm.
- 3Add the raisins and sprinkle in the yeast.
- 4Cover and leave in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- 5Strain the liquid and pour into the sterilized bottles.
- 6Screw on the bottle tops and refrigerate for another 2 days before drinking.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Beer (African)
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 47.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g