Recipe by wicked cook 46
From Real Simple. This is a quick and easy ginger beer that has no yeast Have not made yet posting for safe keeping until the summer heat LOL Cook time is the chill time
Top Review by realbirdlady
Lots of ginger flavor, on a mild orange background. I went ahead and added yeast to make the beer. I let it ferment overnight on top of the refrigerator, then carbonate five days in the refrigerator.
- 4 lemons
- 1 orange
- 3⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 4 cups sparkling water, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate 2 tablespoons each of lemon and orange zest.
- Squeeze 1/3 cup lemon juice from 3 of the lemons. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the ginger, honey, and sugar until just combined. Add the orange and lemon juices and process.
- Transfer to a large lidded container. Add the orange and lemon zests and 2 cups of boiling water and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 5 days.
- To serve, strain the ginger-beer base into a pitcher. Thinly slice the remaining lemon and orange to form circles. Add the slices and mineral water to the pitcher and stir. Serve over ice.