Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
From Real Simple. This is a quick and easy ginger beer that has no yeast Have not made yet posting for safe keeping until the summer heat LOL Cook time is the chill time
- 4 lemons
- 1 orange
- 3⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 4 cups sparkling water, chilled
- Grate 2 tablespoons each of lemon and orange zest.
- Squeeze 1/3 cup lemon juice from 3 of the lemons. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the ginger, honey, and sugar until just combined. Add the orange and lemon juices and process.
- Transfer to a large lidded container. Add the orange and lemon zests and 2 cups of boiling water and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 5 days.
- To serve, strain the ginger-beer base into a pitcher. Thinly slice the remaining lemon and orange to form circles. Add the slices and mineral water to the pitcher and stir. Serve over ice.
Lots of ginger flavor, on a mild orange background. I went ahead and added yeast to make the beer. I let it ferment overnight on top of the refrigerator, then carbonate five days in the refrigerator.
So good! I loved the orange and lemon in it and it tasted of lemonade with the spice of ginger! I'm keeping the base, and putting about a1/4 cup in a glass and pouring over club soda. Thanks!
We loved the full ginger flavor. I cheated and bought minced ginger in a jar and it turned out great. Company loved it. Made for newest tag. Thanks wicked for a great beverage.