1/1 Photo of Ginger Beef Stir-Fry (Low Fat)
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
When you crave steak butnot the high fat and calories that go with it, try this stir-fry. Lean beef and crispy spring vegetables make up a full-flavor dinner you can toss together in minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces beef top round steak
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus spears, trimmed or 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 2-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1Partially freeze beef for easier slicing. Trim fat from beef. Thinly slice beef across the grain into bite-size strips. Set aside. If using asparagus, cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- 2In a small bowl stir together the beef broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and ginger; set aside.
- 3Lightly coat an unheated wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add asparagus or broccoli, mushrooms and green onions. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok or skillet.
- 4Carefully add the oil to wok or skillet. Add beef; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown. Push the beef from center of work or skillet. Stir sauce. Add sauce to center of wok or skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 5Return vegetables to wok or skillet. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce; heat through. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Beef Stir-Fry (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 461.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium beef broth