Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When you crave steak butnot the high fat and calories that go with it, try this stir-fry. Lean beef and crispy spring vegetables make up a full-flavor dinner you can toss together in minutes.
- 8 ounces beef top round steak
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus spears, trimmed or 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, bias-sliced into 2-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Partially freeze beef for easier slicing. Trim fat from beef. Thinly slice beef across the grain into bite-size strips. Set aside. If using asparagus, cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the beef broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and ginger; set aside.
- Lightly coat an unheated wok or large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat over medium-high heat. Add asparagus or broccoli, mushrooms and green onions. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from wok or skillet.
- Carefully add the oil to wok or skillet. Add beef; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown. Push the beef from center of work or skillet. Stir sauce. Add sauce to center of wok or skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Return vegetables to wok or skillet. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce; heat through. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice.
Great recipe. I made a few changes to accomodate the veggies I had on hand. I used asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, snap peas, red peppers and green onion. I skipped the rice as we are doing the SB diet right now. Even the leftovers were good. Thx for sharing.
I love the ease of stir fry and this one fits the bill. I love asparagus and I used them and the mushrooms - yum! Would definitely make this again.
I Love this ginger beef stir fry, it is by far my favorite stir fry. I put all different kinds of veggies in and we found the thinner smaller pieces of meat were more tender. Can't wait to make this stir fry again.