Plum Sauce Mix
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin 2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons salted peanuts, chopped (Topping)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (Topping)
- 2 cups instant rice, prepared
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir in the plum sauce, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the red pepper, broccoli, carrots, onions and garlic until tender. Return beef to the pan. Whisk the plum sauce mixture; stir into skillet. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and peanuts.