8 hrs 15 mins
Mrs. Christmas's Note:
I have no idea where this recipe came from, since I've been using it for years. My picky husband won't eat it, so I only make it a few times a year when I cook at my parents. Browning the meat adds flavor and helps seal in the juices, but if you're short on time, you can skip the browning step. I serve this dish with steamed sugar snap peas and rice. (Stir fry sauce can usually be found in the International:asian section of the grocery store.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray 12 inch non stick skillet with cooking spray. If beef roast comes in netting or is tied, do not remove. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- 2Cook beef in skillet over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, turning once, until brown on both sides.
- 3Spray a 5-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place beef in cooker (if necessary, cut beef in half to fit in cooker). Mix stir-fry sauce, ketchup, vinegar, and ginger in small bowl; pour over beef.
- 4Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8-9 hours.
- 5Place beef on platter; cover to keep warm. Add the thawed peppers and onions to mixture in cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove netting or strings from beef if necessary. Serve pepper mixture with beef.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Beef Roast - Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.6
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 311.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 36.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen peppers and onions