Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Texas Beef Council's website. This won 1st place in the one dish meals category in the 2003 National beef cook-off.
- 1 lb shoulder top beef blade steak (flat iron) or 1 lb beef top round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 cups cooked fresh oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 1⁄2 cup matchstick-style shredded carrot
- Cut steaks crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips; cut strips in half.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Repeat with remaining oil and beef.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Keep warm.
- Add broth, green onions, and rice wine vinegar to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile divided noodles and beef evenly among 4 large soup bowls.
- Bring broth mixture to a boil over high heat; ladle boiling mixture evenly over beef and noodles.
- Garnish with carrots.