Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love to grill, so these are a natural for me. The prep time doesn't include 8 hours of marinating time or the time to get your grill ready, so plan ahead.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 medium green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 mushrooms, left whole unless large, halved otherwise
- 1⁄2 onion, cut in wedges
- Place the cut up meat in a shallow dish. Combine oil and next 8 ingredients; stirring well. Pour marinade over meat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Alternate meat and veggies on skewers. Grill over medium-hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning and basting frequently with the reserved and heated marinade.
Very good flavors reminiscent of good steak house tips. A definite keeper that I will be making to serve my family for years to come. I didn't use the veggies (peppers, mushrooms, and onion) to make kabobs as indicated because I already had grilled veggies which I made to accompany another dish. Did make the marinade ingredients exactly as stated and it is indeed very good. Thank you breezermom for sharing. Tagged it for Everyday is a Holiday.