I love to grill, so these are a natural for me. The prep time doesn't include 8 hours of marinating time or the time to get your grill ready, so plan ahead.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 medium green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 mushrooms, left whole unless large, halved otherwise
- 1⁄2 onion, cut in wedges
- Place the cut up meat in a shallow dish. Combine oil and next 8 ingredients; stirring well. Pour marinade over meat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Alternate meat and veggies on skewers. Grill over medium-hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning and basting frequently with the reserved and heated marinade.