Prep 24 hrs
Cook 18 mins
Fantastic made on the outdoor grill! This recipe can easily be doubled, best if marinated overnight for 24 hours, you could use canned pineapple chunks but fresh is better, I have even used cherry tomatoes for this also, and even made these on a indoor grill too... You will love these!
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 -3 very finely minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 lbs boneless beef sirloin (cubed into 1 - 1-1/2-inch pieces, can use up to 4 pounds beef)
- 1 large fresh pineapple (peeled, core removed and cut into large chunks)
- 3 green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 long metal skewers
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic, oil and green onion.
- Transfer marinade to a large heavy-duty ziploc freezer bag or a glass dish.
- Add in the cubed beef; seal bag and turn to coat beef well.
- place in the fridge for a minumum of 8 hours or overnight (overnight is better).
- When ready to grill, drain the marinade and discard.
- Skewer beef, pineapple chunks and veggies in an alternating pattern.
- Grill over hot coals for about 18-20 minutes.
Very easy and delicious. I think I would have liked more or fresh pineapple, as you suggested, and maybe a bigger variety of veggies, but it was great as is. Thanks!
yummy and easy!!!I made it with more greenpeppers I LOVED this fresh pineapple makes the differenceI think!!I will look for more recipes from this person for sure!
Kit we loved these I only used 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, i made them on the grill, these are the best. thank you.