Prep 1 hr 18 mins
Cook 5 mins
An old favorite of my mother from a Chinese cooking class. Don't ask me if it's authentic - I don't know. But it is quick, easy and delicious. Serve over hot rice, with broccoli and broiled pineapple.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin steaks or 1 lb sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese wine or 1 teaspoon Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 inch cube fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cut beef into thin, 2 inch strips.
- Combine soy sauce, Chinese wine or Bourbon, sugar, garlic, ginger root and cornstarch, and pour over beef; let marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Heat oil very hot in skillet; sear beef pieces quickly by tossing in pan and stirring frequently.
- Do not overcook.
- Beef should be cooked only about 5 minutes.
Me and DH enjoyed this recipe a lot. It was so yummy. I used bourbon. This is so easy to do. I served it with steamed yellow beans and white rice. Thanks mianbao :) Made for your win in bargain basement tag game
Simple but complex and rich. Tenderloin is much softer than the beef I usually stir-fry; it was almost melty. I didn't marinate as long as it says, but it was still good.
simple tasty . i love chine food thank you for posting dee