Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Moist and light with the flavor of ginger. This is from the Holly Tree Inn in Point Reyes Station, California.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup candied ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, brown sugar, bananas, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, pecans, candied ginger, nutmeg, powdered ginger, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture;mix well.
- Divide batter among greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Another ter-ruff-ic recipe from cookiedog! These are so moist and bananaee with pleasant surprises of candied ginger throughout. I used 2tsp lemon zest in place of the cinnamon and wish I used more. This would be wonderful with a crumb topping. Yum!
These are delicious. Love the pieces of candied ginger and the nuts. Nice texture and flavor! I used 3/4 cup Splenda and 1/4 cup brown sugar, and adjusted baking time down, according to Splenda's instructions. I used the cinnamon. I might add more candied ginger next time, just because I love ginger! Thanks, CD, for posting this!