4 hrs 10 mins
This cut of pork has almost no fat and kept moist with the applesauce crust is very tender. Carve thinly. Serve with boiled, buttered, parselied potatoes and glazed carrots and celery. (2 hours marinating time included in cook time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To a zip lock bag, add the ginger,worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice and majoram.
- 2Add half the can of applesauce.
- 3Mix in bag thouroughly.
- 4Take a sharp fork and poke holes all over the roast, add roast to bag.
- 5Squeeze all the air out of the bag and squeeze and massage the marinade into the roast, be sure it is completely covered.
- 6Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight, turning the bag now and then.
- 7Line a roaster pan with tinfoil or parchment paper, and place roast in centre of roaster.
- 8Squeeze any marinade left in the bag on top of the roast and spread it evenly with a knife,'til the roast is completely crusted.
- 9Roast in a 400f degree oven for approximately 2 hours,or'til juice runs clear, but do not overcook.
- 10Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes before carving (Because this is a very lean cut of pork, with almost no fat, some of the marinade may burn on the bottom of the roaster on the parchment, it will not hurt the roast); Serve the other half of the appelsauce at the table with the roast.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Applesauce Pork Leg Roast
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.3
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.2 mg
- Sodium 192.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: