Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This cut of pork has almost no fat and kept moist with the applesauce crust is very tender. Carve thinly. Serve with boiled, buttered, parselied potatoes and glazed carrots and celery. (2 hours marinating time included in cook time)
- To a zip lock bag, add the ginger,worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice and majoram.
- Add half the can of applesauce.
- Mix in bag thouroughly.
- Take a sharp fork and poke holes all over the roast, add roast to bag.
- Squeeze all the air out of the bag and squeeze and massage the marinade into the roast, be sure it is completely covered.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight, turning the bag now and then.
- Line a roaster pan with tinfoil or parchment paper, and place roast in centre of roaster.
- Squeeze any marinade left in the bag on top of the roast and spread it evenly with a knife,'til the roast is completely crusted.
- Roast in a 400f degree oven for approximately 2 hours,or'til juice runs clear, but do not overcook.
- Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes before carving (Because this is a very lean cut of pork, with almost no fat, some of the marinade may burn on the bottom of the roaster on the parchment, it will not hurt the roast); Serve the other half of the appelsauce at the table with the roast.
This was a big hit with my family. The ginger seemed a little spicy but it really mellowed during cooking! I will make this again and again.
Very nice, tender meat. My husband and I both enjoyed it very much. The only thing that I would change next time is to cut back just a bit on the lemon juice as I found the citrus taste came through just a little too much for my personal liking.