Recipe by Chabear01
I found this recipe on another site specializing in Renal Failure Da Vita. This is a Martha Stewart recipe modified to be low in potassium and sodium.
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 inches piece fresh ginger, finely diced
- 2 cups water
- ice cube
- 4 cups sparkling apple cider
- 6 cinnamon sticks, cut in half
- 12 pieces crystallized ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare ginger syrup, place sugar, grated ginger, and water in a medium saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour until ginger flavor is strong. Strain mixture and refrigerate to chill.
- To prepare Ginger-Apple Sparkler, place one tablespoon ginger syrup in each glass (use short tumblers).
- Fill with ice cubes, pour in 1/2 cup cider and stir to combine.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick and crystallized ginger.