1/1 Photo of Ginger Apple Salad
Jenny Sanders's Note:
This is a recipe I adopted because it sounded interesting. It took me a while to get around to making it, which is too bad because I thought it was really delicious. For an apple salad, it will keep fairly well in the fridge; we ate the leftovers a day later and they were still in good condition. The main change I have made from the original recipe is to cut the number of apples in half. It still makes quite a lot, and plenty for 4 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the honey and orange juice in a large bowl, until the honey is dissolved.
- 2Wash, core and chop the apples, and add them to the orange juice and honey.
- 3Grate the gingerroot, and add it, with its' juice.
- 4Wash and chop the celery, and add the celery, dried fruit and walnuts to the salad. Chill the salad.
- 5Wash and dry a few lettuce leaves, and arrange the salad on them. Serve sprinkled with a little minced fresh mint, if desired.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Apple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 33.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g