Recipe by cookiedog
The classic combination of Apples and Pork chops made easy using a can of apple pie filling. From Taste of Home Simple and Delicious Cookbook.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 oz. each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 12 gingersnaps, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine the pie filling and gingersnaps; stuff some of the mixture into the pocket of each pork chop. Set the remaining mixture aside. Secure pork with toothpicks. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 350F for 25 - 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Discard toothpicks.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth. Stir in the reserved pie filling mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over pork chops.