Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this many years ago on the back of Pillsbury gingerbread mix box.
- 1 (18 -20 ounce) package gingerbread mix, Pillsbury
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 large apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- In mixing bowl, combine gingerbread mix and water. Blend at low speed; then beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Stir in apple slices.
- Pour into greased 8-9 inch square pan.
- Combine topping ingredients; crumble over batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Serve warm or cool.
OMG!!! This was delicious!! I followed the recipe exactly as written and have been enjoying it as a morning coffee cake rather than a dessert, lol!!! The first day I had a warm piece with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I just love the topping and the apples add moisture to the ginger bread. Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Swap!!