Chris Reynolds's Note:
A quick meal for four. I found the recipe in the local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/3 lb pea pods
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 10 mushrooms, shitake or white, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1Heat sesame oil in nonstick skillet or wok. Add garlic and ginger, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- 2Add chicken and cook in hot oil 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 3Remove chicken from skillet. Add pea pods, red pepper, and mushrooms, and cook, stirring, until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper.
- 4Combine applesauce, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and chicken broth.
- 5Add chicken to vegetables, add sauce mixture and sliced apples, and cook until sauce is thickened and clear, about 4 minutes. Serve over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Apple Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 646.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 32.7 g