Ginger Apple Chicken Stir-Fry
- Heat sesame oil in nonstick skillet or wok. Add garlic and ginger, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and cook in hot oil 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add pea pods, red pepper, and mushrooms, and cook, stirring, until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Combine applesauce, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and chicken broth.
- Add chicken to vegetables, add sauce mixture and sliced apples, and cook until sauce is thickened and clear, about 4 minutes. Serve over steamed rice.