Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick meal for four. I found the recipe in the local newspaper.
Make and share this Ginger Apple Chicken Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1⁄3 lb pea pods
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 10 mushrooms, shitake or white, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat sesame oil in nonstick skillet or wok. Add garlic and ginger, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and cook in hot oil 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add pea pods, red pepper, and mushrooms, and cook, stirring, until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Combine applesauce, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and chicken broth.
- Add chicken to vegetables, add sauce mixture and sliced apples, and cook until sauce is thickened and clear, about 4 minutes. Serve over steamed rice.
Just a note, unless soy sauce is marked it is not gluten-free as this is marked. (soy sauce is brewed with wheat) I just don't want anyone getting sick.