Gardening Girl's Note:
Have not tried this yet, keeping it here for safe keeping. From James Martin and the BBC
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush the biscuits by placing them into a bag or clean tea towel and hitting with a rolling pin. Pour the crumbs into a bowl and mix with the softened butter. Place two 5cm/2in chefs' rings onto serving plates and fill with the crumb mixture to form the base of the cheesecake.
- 2Place the cream cheese into a bowl with the chopped stem ginger and about four tablespoons of the syrup from the jar and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the rings and smooth the top with a palette knife.
- 3Sprinkle each cheesecake with the grated chocolate, then top with the ginger pieces.
- 4To loosen the rings, quickly warm around the edges using a warm cloth or a mini-blowtorch, then lift off the rings.
- 5To serve, garnish with a sugar twist.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger and Syrup Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.3
- Calories from Fat 577
- Total Fat 64.1 g
- Saturated Fat 40.3 g
- Cholesterol 178.9 mg
- Sodium 484.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ginger in syrup