Recipe by dale!
Tasty, tender chicken breast with an Asian flavour.
Top Review by lauralie41
This chicken recipe will definitely be made again! The smells in the kitchen and the chicken were wonderful. I simmered the chicken than lightly browned it. Made the sauce and served the chicken atop brown rice with the sauce spooned over. So good, thank you dale!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cm ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 star anise
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 green onions, cut into 5 cm lengths
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a small saucepan with all the other ingredients.
- Slowly bring to the boil and simmer over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Remove chicken from liquid.
- Serve chicken, thinly sliced on a bed of jasmine rice and baby bok choy.
- You can also make a sauce for the chicken using 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (heated in a small pan), then add 1 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger and 4 finely sliced green onions with a little salt.
- Stir and serve over chicken if desired.
- Strain the stock and reserve for another use (makes a lovely soup base).