Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is so good! I use it to make English Pub Style Pickled Eggs. Great in a salad!
Make and share this Ginger and Spice Vinegar recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 slices fresh ginger, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 quart malt vinegar or 1 quart cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Place salt and seasoning in 1 quart glass bottle or jar.
- Combine vinegar and sugar in non-aluminum saucepan and bring to simmer.
- Pour into bottle to fill.
- Cap and seal.
- Let stand in cool dark area for 10 days to infuse before using.
Wonderful!!! I used lots of ginger, & cider vinegar, & added navel orange peel. Oh my, it's so good! I made a double recipe, intending to share it, but that'll have to wait til next Christmas when I will make a much larger batch.Oh, I left out the sugar, since we don't like things too sweet... thank you for sharing this...
Fantastic, I used 1 Tbs salt, 2 tsp ground ginger,2 tsp ground allspice, 1tspground pepper and white vinager so that the tastes of malt or cider didn't compete. I made my eggs just with this and they are strangely fanststic. Rick
I'm only at day 1 of the required 10 day waiting period & am anxiously awaiting the grand reveal so I can make your pickled eggs. Will update my results. Thanks! 7/30/06 Update - used the vinegar to make English Pub Style Pickled Eggs English Pub Style Pickled Eggs & loved it!