Recipe by Secret Agent
Lots of spice and sugar make this one of DH's favorite lunchbox cookies. His workmates love them too!
Top Review by Debs4real
I gave this recipe 5 stars because my mom loved them. She is a BIG ginger snap lover and these cookies put a smile on her face and that was my intention. Oh by the way I thought they were delicious too. I did double up on the ginger and just over 1/4 tsp on the ground clove. Also, I chose not to add the sugar topping and have submitted a photo. Ok so it is now the 3rd time I've made these cookies and I have the perfect recipe for me. As I said previously I doubled the ginger. What I did differently this time is I used the 1/4 tsp of clove the recipe calls for. Try it I'm sure you'll like it.
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco shortening, regular not butter flavor
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄3 cup superfine sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350* and line your cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream the shortening and sugar together on low speed for at least 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl. Add the egg and molasses and beat until combined well.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and stir to make sure they are combined and add to the wet mixture.
- Scoop out with a 1 tablespoon cookie scooper, roll into balls, roll in superfine sugar and place onto cookie sheets, Flatten them a little bit so they spread out nice.and big.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes and cool in pan for 2 minutes then remove to wire racks. To guild the lily you can dip the tops into the remaining superfine sugar.
- These are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!