Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Lots of spice and sugar make this one of DH's favorite lunchbox cookies. His workmates love them too!
- Preheat your oven to 350* and line your cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream the shortening and sugar together on low speed for at least 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl. Add the egg and molasses and beat until combined well.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and stir to make sure they are combined and add to the wet mixture.
- Scoop out with a 1 tablespoon cookie scooper, roll into balls, roll in superfine sugar and place onto cookie sheets, Flatten them a little bit so they spread out nice.and big.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes and cool in pan for 2 minutes then remove to wire racks. To guild the lily you can dip the tops into the remaining superfine sugar.
- These are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!
I gave this recipe 5 stars because my mom loved them. She is a BIG ginger snap lover and these cookies put a smile on her face and that was my intention. Oh by the way I thought they were delicious too. I did double up on the ginger and just over 1/4 tsp on the ground clove. Also, I chose not to add the sugar topping and have submitted a photo. Ok so it is now the 3rd time I've made these cookies and I have the perfect recipe for me. As I said previously I doubled the ginger. What I did differently this time is I used the 1/4 tsp of clove the recipe calls for. Try it I'm sure you'll like it.
it was cookielicius!!! AWESOME!!!
they were very delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)