Recipe by MarieRynr
The processor quick dough for these cookies comes together in minutes. Save the leftover irregular pieces to enjoy as a snack. A very tasty addition to any holiday cookie tray!
- 10 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- additional powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- LIne an 8 inch square glass baking dish with foil.
- Blend butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in processor.
- Add flour, spices and salt.
- Process until mixture forms moist clumps.
- Form mixture into a ball.
- Transfer to prepared dish.
- Using waxed paper dipped into powdered sugar as an aid, press out dough evenly indish.
- Freeze 15 minutes.
- Using a ruler as a guide, cut dough into 6 equal strips.
- Turn dish 45 degrees and cut again into 6 strips, creating diamond shapes.
- Pierce each diamond with a fork.
- Bake shortbread until golden brown and firm to touch, about 50 minutes.
- Cool completely in dish on rack.
- Sift powdered sugar over shortbread if desired.
- Can be prepared 1 week ahead.
- Store in an airtight container.