Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
From the Foodcourt column, Weekend. Parsley butters go well with fish and potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, beef, chicken, pork, peas, corn, rice, veal, bread, vegetables, tuna, salmon and shrimp.
- 113 1⁄2 g salted butter, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- Prepare a paste of ginger and garlic in your mixer/blender bowl.
- Combine butter, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and parsley.
- Mix well.
- Line a small square or rectangular butter dish with clingfilm.
- Spoon the butter onto it.
- When it has frozen into shape, remove it from the dish alongwith the clingfilm.
- Store refrigerated for 1 week or in the freezer for upto 2 months.
I made this using 1/2 cup butter, followed the recipe and was pleased with the result. All my favourite things - butter, garlic, ginger and lots of black pepper! I sautéed chicken breasts in the butter - yummy!! A useful butter mix to keep on hand!