Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very nice, I make these at Christmas time. Real Aussie flavour.
- 250 g gingernut biscuits, crushed
- 125 g roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup condensed milk
- 60 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Combine biscuits and nuts in bowl.
- Add the condensed milk, butter and golden syrup to a saucepan and stir over a low heat until combined.
- Stir into biscuit mixture.
- Form into balls and then roll in coconut.
Seriously delicious, scrumptious, ahh the're all gone we want more - the DS's recreation group just gobbled these up. I did have a hard time rolling them even after letting mix cool down so starting scooping out heaped teaspoons and plonking them into the coconut and then shape them as I rolled them. In all got 29 balls. Thank you darang61 a definite keeper. Made for Edition 2 - Make My Recipe - a game of tag.
These are great and took hardly any time to throw together. I did have to cool my biscuit mix for a while before I rolled into balls as they were a bit sticky to roll. Rather than turn the stove top on and dirty a pot I zapped the condensed milk, butter and golden syrup together in a pyrex jug in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Make sure to use a good quality gingernut for that spicy flavour! Thank darang61, I too will be making these for Christmas.