Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Everyday with RR. I'm always looking for new ways with veggies and this looks yummy. Sounds like it will be very pretty too.
- 4 inches ginger, sliced
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lay the ginger evenly over the bottom of a steamer basket. Top with layers of the snap peas, zucchini, carrot, bell pepper and mushrooms. Sprinkle with the lemon zest.
- Place the salt, sesame seeds, parsley and red pepper flakes in a resealable plastic bag and lightly smash the seasonings with the back of a knife until coarse; set aside.
- Fill the steamer base with about 2 inches of cold water and add the lemon juice. Bring to a simmer, place the steamer basket on top and cover. Steam the vegetables until fork-tender; about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the steamed vegetables to a serving platter, sprinkle with the seasoned salt and drizzle with olive oil.
Made these for a dinner party, we all loved the ginger lemon scented veggies!! The addition of a little heat with the red pepper flakes was perfect. They were a lovely mix of veggies and the seseme seed mix was a lovely finish. I only had black seseme seeds on hand, they worked very well. Thanks for posting I will be making them again.
Such a nice, clean way to eat vegies! The flavours are so simple and not over powering. A perfect balance!