Recipe by I'mPat
This is a combination of 2 recipes from the Australian Women's Weekly Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook which I have had since the 70's and is well used. Time to make doesn't include marinade time - I was cutting up vegetables for stir fry vegetables during this time, which were cooked up first and kept warm in the oven. The rice was cooking while cooking the chicken and pork - the whole meal was on the table within the hour.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Very good. It did take a while but I served with Recipe #312535. I think I will add more veggies with it next time. Sauce was excellent. I wasn't sure how it was going to taste but ended up great.
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 500 g pork fillets
- 59.16 ml peanut oil (more may be needed)
- 113.39 g green ginger
- 59.16 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1 spring onion (scallion, finely sliced)
- 19.71 ml cornflour (cornstarch)
- 19.71 ml peanut oil
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 473.18 ml chicken stock (make with stock cubes if desired)
- 9.85 ml ginger (grated)
- 29.58 ml honey
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cornflour
- 29.58 ml water, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pork and chicken into strips.
- Have 2 bowls ready and put half the cornflour, peanut oil and soy sauce in each bowl and mix well, place chicken strips in one and pork strips in the other, leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Peel and finely slice green ginger and mix with the balsamic vinegar and sugar and let marinate.
- Mix grated ginger, mix with lemon juice, stock, honey and sugar in a jug. Mix cornflour and extra water together.
- Put 2 tablespoons of oil in hot wok and stir fry pork (this will need to be done in 2 or 3 batches), once cooked put to one side and keep warm).
- Put the other 2 tablespoons of oil in hot wok and stir fry chicken (this will need to be done in 2 or 3 batches), once cooked put together with the pork and keep warm.
- With the wok on a medium heat put in the lemon sauce, sliced ginger and the balsamic vinegar mix. Combine cornflour and extra water together and stir into the lemon sauce and bring to the boil and let thicken.
- Stir in cooked pork and chicken and let warm through.
- Garnish with spring onion.
- Serve with rice and stir fry vegetables.