1/8 Photos of Ginger and Lemon Pork and Chicken
This is a combination of 2 recipes from the Australian Women's Weekly Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook which I have had since the 70's and is well used. Time to make doesn't include marinade time - I was cutting up vegetables for stir fry vegetables during this time, which were cooked up first and kept warm in the oven. The rice was cooking while cooking the chicken and pork - the whole meal was on the table within the hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 500 g pork fillets
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil (more may be needed)
- 4 ounces green ginger
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 spring onion (scallion, finely sliced)
- 1Cut pork and chicken into strips.
- 2Have 2 bowls ready and put half the cornflour, peanut oil and soy sauce in each bowl and mix well, place chicken strips in one and pork strips in the other, leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- 3Peel and finely slice green ginger and mix with the balsamic vinegar and sugar and let marinate.
- 4Mix grated ginger, mix with lemon juice, stock, honey and sugar in a jug. Mix cornflour and extra water together.
- 5Put 2 tablespoons of oil in hot wok and stir fry pork (this will need to be done in 2 or 3 batches), once cooked put to one side and keep warm).
- 6Put the other 2 tablespoons of oil in hot wok and stir fry chicken (this will need to be done in 2 or 3 batches), once cooked put together with the pork and keep warm.
- 7With the wok on a medium heat put in the lemon sauce, sliced ginger and the balsamic vinegar mix. Combine cornflour and extra water together and stir into the lemon sauce and bring to the boil and let thicken.
- 8Stir in cooked pork and chicken and let warm through.
- 9Garnish with spring onion.
- 10Serve with rice and stir fry vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger and Lemon Pork and Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.7
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 374.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 39.6 g