Recipe by Sharon123
Ginger gives such a nice flavor kick to any food or drink. Enjoy this sweet tea on a nice hot day, and relax a few minutes! Adapted from Southern Living magazine.
Top Review by Annacia
Wonderful iced tea I used Tetleys and made as directed with Splenda for some of the sweetening. For the garnish I used a slice of candied ginger (and I just noticed that Deb did the same thing, lol). This really perks up iced tea and it won't be the last time I make this refreshing drink.
- 3 cups water
- 2 family-size tea bags (decaf is preferable)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 7 cups cold water
- lemon slice (to garnish, and juice of)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; add tea bags. Lower heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
- Discard tea bags.
- Stir in honey and ginger.
- Pour into a 1 gallon container, and add 7 cups cold water.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired. Squeezing in the lemon juice adds to the wonderful flavor.