Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ginger gives such a nice flavor kick to any food or drink. Enjoy this sweet tea on a nice hot day, and relax a few minutes! Adapted from Southern Living magazine.
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; add tea bags. Lower heat and simmer 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
- Discard tea bags.
- Stir in honey and ginger.
- Pour into a 1 gallon container, and add 7 cups cold water.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired. Squeezing in the lemon juice adds to the wonderful flavor.
Wonderful iced tea I used Tetleys and made as directed with Splenda for some of the sweetening. For the garnish I used a slice of candied ginger (and I just noticed that Deb did the same thing, lol). This really perks up iced tea and it won't be the last time I make this refreshing drink.
The ginger brings a whole new dimension to sweet tea and what a tasty dimension it is at that. Made half recipe and did not use the lemon garnish instead used a slice of ginger for garnish. Thanks for the post.