Another recipe for a not so local Farmers' Market here in our state. Wish I could go to it every Saturday. I've not tried this but don't want to misplace the recipe.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- In a 12- or 14-inch heavy skillet bring water to boiling, add carrots.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 10 to 12 minutes or until carrots are just tender and drain.
- (I prefer to use my Cuisinart Turbo Convection Steamer ).
- Carefully turn out onto prepared baking sheet.
- (When green tops are left on carrots during cooking, they become very fragile. As the carrots cook, some of the tops may come off.).
- Pat dry with additional paper towels.
- To glaze carrots, in the same heavy skillet combine margarine, honey, ginger, and salt.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until margarine is melted.
- Carefully add carrots.
- Toss gently for 2 to 3 minutes or until carrots are thoroughly coated with glaze and heated through completely.
- To serve, arrange carrots in a shallow bowl or on a platter; drizzle with remaining glaze from pan.