1/1 Photo of Ginger and Honey Glazed Carrots
Charlotte J's Note:
Another recipe for a not so local Farmers' Market here in our state. Wish I could go to it every Saturday. I've not tried this but don't want to misplace the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- 2In a 12- or 14-inch heavy skillet bring water to boiling, add carrots.
- 3Return to boiling; reduce heat.
- 4Cover and simmer about 10 to 12 minutes or until carrots are just tender and drain.
- 5(I prefer to use my Cuisinart Turbo Convection Steamer ).
- 6Carefully turn out onto prepared baking sheet.
- 7(When green tops are left on carrots during cooking, they become very fragile. As the carrots cook, some of the tops may come off.).
- 8Pat dry with additional paper towels.
- 9To glaze carrots, in the same heavy skillet combine margarine, honey, ginger, and salt.
- 10Stir constantly over medium heat until margarine is melted.
- 11Carefully add carrots.
- 12Toss gently for 2 to 3 minutes or until carrots are thoroughly coated with glaze and heated through completely.
- 13To serve, arrange carrots in a shallow bowl or on a platter; drizzle with remaining glaze from pan.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger and Honey Glazed Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 74.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
young fresh baby carrots