Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this on the Tastespotting website. This recipe is under a Cambodian tag. The site recommends fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam). You can make a dipping sauce above as well and allow each diner to squeeze juice from lime into bowl with coarse salt and white pepper and stir until mixed, then dip ribs into sauce. Prep time does not include MARINATING time. Cooking time varies due to barbequing.
- meaty pork baby back ribs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- for dipping sauce
- 6 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
- 6 teaspoons white pepper, divided
- 3 large limes, halved
- Place rib racks on work surface. Using small sharp knife, carefully pry papery membrane off underside of each rib section (use caution—it will be slippery). Place ribs on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine ginger, garlic, sugar, 1 tablespoon coarse salt, and black pepper in processor and puree to blend well. Add honey, soy sauce, and fish sauce and process until blended. Spread spiced marinade on both sides of ribs (about 2 tablespoons marinade per side for each rib section).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Can be made 1 day ahead; baste ribs occasionally with accumulated marinade on baking sheet. Keep chilled.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Prepare barbecue (high heat). Spoon any juices from baking sheet with ribs over ribs before grilling. Place rib racks, rounded (meaty) side down, on grill rack for 3-5 minutes to sear. Turn the grill down to medium for 10 minutes. Flip over to bone side and turn back to high for 5 minutes. Grill ribs on medium for another 15 minutes. Adjust cooking time depending on the thickness of your ribs.
- Transfer ribs to cutting board. Cut between bones into individual ribs. Transfer ribs to platter. You can make the dipping sauce above as well and allow each diner to squeeze juice from lime into bowl with coarse salt and white pepper and stir until mixed, then dip ribs into sauce.