Recipe by Chabear01
These make up into very nice candy, good enough to give in a gift basket. Another recipe from my favorite Candy cookbook by Beverly Sutherland Smith. Most of the cooking time is time spent either marinating the fruit mixture, or allowing candies to firm.
- 1⁄3 cup glace ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ginger, dates and brandy in a small bowl and let stand 1 hour.
- Form mixture into tiny pyramids (like a chocolate kiss)and place on waxed paper. Chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl or top of a double boiler set over pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth. Spoon Chocolate over top of each pyramid. To decorate, dust top lightly with coconut. Cool until firm. Store in airtight container with paper between layers up to 3 weeks.