Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posting this recipe for safe-keeping. Recipe came with a cookie press that I bought. I would love to convert this recipe and make it gluten-free suitable. Recipe states as making 4 dozen cookies. Recipe uses metric gram,spoon and cup measures
- 230 g butter, at room temperature
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, measure firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 7.39 ml ground ginger
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml salt
- 591.47 ml flour, sifted (plain all-purpose flour)
- 14.79 ml water
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, spices, salt and water- mix well.
- Gentley mix in the flour with a spoon.
- Pack dough into cookie press- as per instructions for your press.
- Press onto cookie trays- spacing about 2 cm apart.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until firm to touch.
- Gentley transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Decorate as desired or eat plain.
- Store in an airtight container.