Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Kitchn blog site.
Make and share this Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 tilapia fillets (about 3/4 pound)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon spicy sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- green onion, chopped for garnish
- extra cilantro, to garnish
- jasmine rice or brown rice
- Heat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Pat the fish dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish.
- Place in a small food processor the jalapeno, garlic and ginger along with the soy sauce, white wine, sesame oil and cilantro. Process until blended.
- Pour the sauce over the fish, spreading and slightly pressing the solid ingredients down into the fish. Bake for about 8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through.
- Remove the tilapia with a spatula and divide between two plates. Drizzle the fish with the marinade juices left in the pan. Serve with jasmine or brown rice.
Wowsers! This is REALLY good and very easy! Loved all of the flavors in this. Will be making it again! Made for My 3 Chefs game.
I found this on another website and didn't realize it was posted here. Made it the second time today, and I really do love this recipe. Didn't have quite enough fresh cilantro, but it doesn't really matter. Still excellent, quick and a winner.
This was so delicious - I made it for dinner this evening. I doubled every ingredient in the recipe aside from the jalapenos; I was afraid it would be too spicy. I used 5 fillets and (luckily) now have 2 leftover. All of the flavors blend wonderfully, and this was really cheap to make. Everyone in my family loved it - Thank you for sharing your recipe, I will definitely be making this multiple times (: