Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This may be made a day in advance.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups water, hot
- 30 g butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup glace ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- Combine rice and water in a large shallow dish, and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Combine butter, garlic and nuts in a dish, cook on HIGH 2 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Stir in rice and remaining ingredients, cook on HIGH for about 3 minutes or until the mixture is heated through, stir occasionally.
I love butter but added almonds. Next time I'll try toasted almonds. IH
Realy loved this rice dish as I find it hard to get hubby to eat rice. He loved it. I used olive oil instead of butter also.
I switched olive oil for the butter(there's more than enough fat in the nuts I added!) and it was great--