Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This granola is really good with fresh fruit for breakfast. Or try it in yogurt, over ice cream...yum! It is the easiest method I've ever come across, because you don't have to combine the wet ingredients separately: just stir everything together in the pan, and you're good to go!
- 5 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup untoasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2⁄3 cup mild honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine rolled oats, sunflower seeds, and wheat germ in dish; bake 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Add remaining dry ingredients (almonds through salt) to dish and stir to combine; add wet ingredients (oil through almond extract) and stir until completely combined.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until uniformly golden; granola will not be chunky yet, but will "harden up" as it cools.
- Remove dish to rack and cool, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking to pan; store in airtight container.
Too oily and more like muesli and less like granola. Doesn't clump. Overall good taste, though, so we didn't have to throw it out. There are just better granola recipes out there.
Wow... Even better than I expected. This granola turned out perfect and has SO much flavour! No more inferior boxed cereals for me. This has enough sweetness to just add milk and have a great breakfast with enough protein to sustain you for a while. Have a piece of fruit with it and you're good to go. Would also make a great snack with yogurt, or over some cooked apples. This is going to be a new favourite recipe in our house! Thanks so much MessyCook!! I wish I could give it more stars.
Amazing recipe! I love that it can all be mixed right in the pan you bake it in. It is sweet, but not too sweet. All the spices in it give it a wonderful depth of flavor that many granola recipes lack. It is granola you can eat over something or just by itself. This is now one of my new favorite granola recipes. Thanks for such a wonderful, easy recipe.