Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: "Complete Home Bartender's Guide" by Salvatore Calabrese. "A drink designed to give your system a wake-up call, this has a fusion of ginger and apple flavors."
- 99.22 g clear apple juice
- 47.34 g clear pear juice
- 18.99 g fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml fresh gingerroot, grated (1 small piece)
- ginger ale, to serve
- apple, wedge to garnish (optional)
- Pour the apple, pear, and lemon juices into a shaker with ice.
- Grate the ginger into the shaker.
- Shake well to infuse the ginger flavor.
- Strain into a highball glass with ice.
- Top up with ginger ale. Stir.
- Garnish with a fresh wedge of apple if desired.
- Serve with a straw.
This really had some zing to it. I used my juicer to make the apple and pear juice and also the ginger root. Really hit the spot after working in the yard today!
Wow Engrossed this was good, what a refreshing drink. A nice morning pick me up. I love the bite from the gingerroot. I used natural apple juice, pear juice and Jamacian Gingerbeer, it was what I had on hand. I love the combo of apple, pear and ginger together. Thanks so much for sharing. I will be making this often this summer.
I love ginger and this was so good! I used Vernor's ginger ale. I loved the mellow flavors of the pear and apple and the zip of the ginger! Thanks! Made for Photo tag.