Recipe by Engrossed
From: "Complete Home Bartender's Guide" by Salvatore Calabrese. "A drink designed to give your system a wake-up call, this has a fusion of ginger and apple flavors."
- 3 1⁄2 ounces clear apple juice
- 1 2⁄3 ounces clear pear juice
- 2⁄3 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated (1 small piece)
- ginger ale, to serve
- apple, wedge to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the apple, pear, and lemon juices into a shaker with ice.
- Grate the ginger into the shaker.
- Shake well to infuse the ginger flavor.
- Strain into a highball glass with ice.
- Top up with ginger ale. Stir.
- Garnish with a fresh wedge of apple if desired.
- Serve with a straw.