Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lovely syrup for a light ginger ale. Recently obtained a SodaStream and have been looking for recipes for syrups so we can have an alternative to the store bought ones (which all contain artificial sweeteners, preservatives, and dyes). This turned out perfect!
- 1⁄2 cup gingerroot, pealed and grated
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Put all ingredients into a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Goil gently for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Strain into bottle for storage.
- Mix 1/2 Cup of syrup into 1 Liter carbonated water.