Recipe by Sassy in da South
A fizzy gelatin salad that is light and fruity. Make with your choice of fruit, pears, oranges, or apples. Cooking time is actually chill time.
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon gelatin
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 2 cups fruit, diced (select one ( pears, oranges or apples)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon candied ginger, chopped
- salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup of heated ginger ale; set aside to cool.
- Add 1 cup cold ginger ale.
- Chill until partially set; stir in diced fruit, chopped pecans and candied ginger.
- Pour into a 1-quart mold.
- Chill until firm; unmold on lettuce leaves.
- Top with a dollop of mayonnaise.