Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from Marie Hattrup's recipe in Taste of Home (Thank you, Marie!). Great for a springtime or summer brunch. Use Splenda and diet ginger ale to make this suitable for diabetics. If you can find reduced calorie juices that is great as well.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar or 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 2⁄3 cup club soda or 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups chilled ginger ale (regular or sugar-free)
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice or 3 tablespoons grenadine
- Make a simple syrup out of sugar/Splenda and water (not the club soda), and juices by stirring over low heat until mixture boils.
- Chill mixture, and gently stir in club soda (if using) as well as the ginger ale just prior to serving (adding these at this point helps retain more carbonation/bubbles).
- Serve in a punch bowl or in glasses over ice (freezing small pieces of fresh oranges or grapefruit in ice is an extra touch).