Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ginataang Mais is a Filipino dessert and snack made from whole kernel corn and coconut milk. This is a simple and quick Filipino dessert recipe that only takes less than 25 minutes to prepare. The appearance of this quick and easy dessert is similar to that of the Maja Blanca but there is a big difference in texture; the consistency is more like the Goto, Arroz Caldo, or perhaps the Champorado.I like this dessert (particularly this dessert recipe) because of the simple ingredients involved. I also believe that good dishes need not to be complicated and time consuming and this is one of the proofs. You can enjoy Ginataang Mais for breakfast or as amid afternoon snack. Since it is packed with carbs, this can be a good meal before starting to do something that involves a lot of physical work.
- Combine coconut milk and glutinous rice in a cooking pot then turn on the heat. Let the coconut milk boil.
- Once the coconut milk is boiling, stir the mixture to prevent the glutinous rice from sticking. Set the heat to low and let the rice cook while stirring once in a while. This will take approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
- Add the whole kernel corn and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the sugar and stir thoroughly. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
- Share and enjoy!